What do you do to get ready for moving your gear to storage? With a little extra space and the right storage packing tips, you will be set. Mechanicsburg Self Storage is here to show you what needs checked off the list before storing! This upcoming season is filled with blooming flowers, and getting the house back in order. A winter inside can make a few spots in the house a little disorganized. If you notice you could use some space this year, we are getting you ready one suggestion at a time. Find out how to pack and plan like a storage expert.
Thinking more towards spring cleaning? Our space is also helpful when a home renovation requires everything moves out. Ask our store manager about short term storage options.
- Having too many different boxes can cause a challenge when packing your unit. Stick to 2 sizes and a few specialty boxes to keep it simple.
- If you notice your box is getting to heavy, divide up some of the equipment. Two smaller boxes are easier to lift them one heavy box.
- While loading and unloading the truck try to keep categories together.
- Make sure boxes are facing out towards the main isle so the label is readable.
- Leave a map at your unit so the next time you can remember where certain categories are.
- Protect antique wood furniture with a coat of wax or wood sealer. Avoid wrapping these types of items in plastic as it may damage the finishing.
- Decide how much space you need and if temperature controlled is necessary. If you are storing photos, and keepsakes we highly recommend a unit with these features.
- While you move boxes in, think about how often you will need these items. If it is weekly or even monthly keep them towards the front.
Preparation for storage is simple when you have a checklist to follow. Mechanicsburg Self Storage packing tips as well as storage space will get you spring ready!